Here are the top stories at Modern Vinyl for the past week.
1. ‘War All The Time’ coming to Hot Topic (read)
Hot Topic has announced a repressing of Thursday’s “War All The Time,” an album which had previously received only one pressing.
2. Contest: Michael Kiwanuka (read)
We’ve teamed up with Interscope Records to give away two copies of a 7″ from Michael Kiwanuka.
3. Thrice reportedly releasing 4xLP live set (read)
Staple Records announced a live box-set from Thrice, which will feature material from their farewell tour.
4. Fall Of Troy’s self titled getting pressed (read)
Enjoy The Ride Records announced its newest project, a pressing of the self titled record from Fall Of Troy.
6. ‘Uno,’ ‘Dos,’ ‘Tre’ pre-orders begin to pop up (read)
Pre-orders for the trilogy of albums from Green Day have appeared at Amazon, but no vinyl pre-orders have come out yet from the band.
7. ‘Dark Knight Rises’ getting a vinyl pressing (read)
Amazon has lowered the price of the anticipated soundtrack, while Hot Topic has also revealed that they’ll be selling the vinyl record.
8. ‘Bleed American’ coming to 180-gram vinyl (read)
The landmark album from Jimmy Eat World has a new pressing available for pre-order over at Sound Stage Direct.
9. Sound Stage put hundreds on sale (read)
Sound Stage Direct added 100s of items to its LP outlet, with savings of up to 60%.
10. Throwback: Kanye West — The College Dropout (read)
Our Throwback writer, Julio Anta, talks about Kanye West’s debut full length and how it introduced him to the world of hip hop.