Here are the top stories at Modern Vinyl from the past week.
1. ‘Give Up’ reissue on sale, song streaming (read)
The 10-year anniversary reissue of The Postal Service’s Give Up is now up for pre-order, while one of two new songs on the pressing is streaming.
2. Transit’s newest up for pre-order (read)
Young New England, the upcoming album from Transit, is now up for pre-order through Rise Records. Make sure to pick up one of their limited colored variants.
3. Contest: HRVRD (read)
This week, we were honored to help Enjoy The Ride Records give away a copy of HRVRD’s The Inevitable and I. The contest ends tonight, so there’s still time to get in the game.
4. Contest: Bad Books (read)
This week, we’ve also been able to give away a copy of II, the newest album from Bad Books. Again, that contest ends tonight so you can still enter.
6. Meet & Greet: Dan Marter of In The Clouds (read)
We recently interviewed the head of In The Clouds Records, in order to find out how he constructs some of their more interesting vinyl packaging.
7. A Wilhelm Scream’s ‘Ruiner’ to be repressed (read)
It was revealed through a tweet this week that A Wilhelm’s Scream’s 2005 album would be repressed.
8. Mumford & Sons to release live set for RSD (read)
Mumford & Sons’ Record Store Day release was unveiled this past week, as it will be a pre-Babel live set.
9. Mondo releasing ‘Poltergeist’ score, unveils packaging (read)
Mondo gave us the exclusive on their pressing of Jerry Goldsmith’s Poltergeist, while we, along with Ain’t It Cool News premiered the packaging and sale date.
10. Paper Route’s ‘Absence’ now on sale (read)
The first ever vinyl pressing of Paper Route’s 2009 album is now up for sale at their official webstore.