Every year, Modern Vinyl aims to give away something cool on Record Store Day, as our small “thank you” to everyone who’s supported us in our now 3 years of existence. This year, we’ll be giving away a special box of goodies, valued at over $100 and all centering around our love of music. I’ve personally selected each of the items in the box and some hints regarding what the winner will take home are listed below:
Now, to enter, we’ll be testing your music and Record Store Day knowledge. I’ve listed 10 questions below, each of which you must answer correctly to be entered into the random drawing. Please use the form below to answer the questions (put answers in the appropriate section, along with 1., 2., etc.). That’s all you need to do to enter.
A winner will be announced on Sunday morning, along with the contents of the box.
1. What song did Arcade Fire originally record for the soundtrack of “Her,” while then using on “Reflektor”?
2. Which of Miles Davis’ records inspired a Dogfish Head beer?
3. Which record label is owned by Ian MacKaye?
4. As a promotional experiment, Swedish band Shout Out Louds distributed a fully functioning 7″ single made of which material?
5. The soundtrack to the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World video game is being pressed for RSD 2014. What system did the game originally premiere on?
6. Where can you find the 500 green copies of the Built To Spill Ultimate Alternative Wavers reissue this RSD?
7. What’s the B-side to Nirvana’s RSD 2014 release, “Pennyroyal Tea”?
8. What Regina Spektor TV show theme song is getting a pressing, courtesy of RSD 2014?
9. A discography box set from what ’90s alt-rock band was originally scheduled for Black Friday 2013, but was then pushed to this year’s RSD?
10. Mars Volta members Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Cedric Boxler-Zavala have (re) teamed up to form Antemasque. Who have they enlisted to play bass?
Update 4/21/14: The winner of the contest is Ben Sutkiewicz. Please send your mailing address over to firstname.lastname@example.org.