The Department of Record Stores (DORS) has unveiled their top vinyl sellers for the Black Friday week. Also of note, this is the “first year in seven years of doing RSD events that sales declined from the previous year.”
Many stores cited increasing prices of RSD items (and that price not matching the item’s quality) and simply a down year in terms of releases as reasoning. So yes, your local indies are certainly aware of the same issues we bring up here at MV.
Here are the top 20 sellers. I’m not sure if more Black Friday titles will sneak in the next report (Update: They definitely will. High Fidelity is kinda a blip in the radar, being counted before the rest of Black Friday).
- Adele — 25
Side note on Adele, according to DORS, only 16% of indie sales came via vinyl. The rest were CD!
- Sigur Ros — Takk
- Kurt Cobain — And I Love Her/Sappy 7″
- Various Artists — High Fidelity
First and only BF title
- Kendrick Lamar — To Pimp A Butterfly
- Dr. Dre — Compton
- Amy Poehler — Yes Please
- Twenty One Pilots — Blurryface
- Deafheaven — New Bermuda
- Courtney Barnett — Sometimes I Sit and Think
- Neko Case — Blacklisted
- Arctic Monkeys — AM
- Beach House — Depression Cherry
- Electric Light Orchestra — Alone In The Universe
- Pink Floyd — Dark Side Of The Moon
- Vince Guaraldi — Charlie Brown Christmas
- Fuzz — II
- Roger Waters — The Wall
- Fleetwood Mac — Greatest Hits
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard — Paper Mache Dream Balloon
Tags: What's Selling?