Last post on RSD numbers, I promise. The RSD organization itself sent out a recent email, hyping both a reduction of product and solid sales numbers. Here are the highlights:
- The total number of RSD releases were reduced by 20%.
- Album sales at indie stores went up 130% to the previous week. Single sales were up 2,600%.
- Vinyl Album Sales at Independent Record Stores jumped by 321% over the prior week
- Independent Record Stores accounted for 75% of total Vinyl LPs sold in the US this week.
- Independent Record Stores account for 96% of all Physical Singles sold in the US this week.
- Record Store Day limited edition Albums and Singles combined to sell nearly 300,000 copies in the US.
Some individual record stores also submitted reports, with most reporting small percentage drops from 2015 RSD sales. But this was interesting: “Record Store Day 2016 at Zia Records was the largest single shopping day in the history of our company.”
Good for them.
Tags: Record Store Day 2016