Varèse Sarabande has a new pressing of the Angelo Badalamenti-led soundtrack to David Lynch’s Blue Velvet.
Badalamenti began working in film with his scores FOR LAW AND DISORDER and GORDON’S WAR. In 1986, he was hired by a young David Lynch to be Isabella Rossellini’s vocal coach for BLUE VELVET, scoring the film, writing the feature song “Mysteries of Love” with Lynch, and even appears onscreen in the piano bar scene. His close relationship with Lynch served as a springboard and since BLUE VELVET Badalamenti has scored Lynch’s films and projects, as well as those of many other preeminent directors.
The pressing on black vinyl will be released on May 19.
1. Main Title
2. Night Streets / Sandy And Jeffrey
4. Jeffrey’s Dark Side
5. Mysteries Of Love (French Horn Solo)
6. Frank Returns
7. Mysteries Of Love (Instrumental)
1. Blue Velvet (written by Bernie Wayne & Lee Morris) / Blue Star (written by Badalamenti & Lynch) (Montage)
2. Lumberton U.S.A. (written by Badalamenti & Lynch) / Going Down To Lincoln (sound effects suite)
3. Akron Meets The Blues
4. Honky Tonk (Part 1) (written by Bill Doggett, Clifford Scott, Shep Sheppard, Billy Butler & Henry Glover / performed by Bill Doggett)
5. In Dreams (composed & performed by Roy Orbison)
6. Love Letters (composed by Victor Young & Edward Heyman / performed by Ketty Lester)
7.Mysteries Of Love (written by Badalamenti & Lynch / performed by Julee Cruise)
Tags: Angelo Badalament
, Varese Sarabande